Federal Skilled Worker Visa Program is designed with an objective to fill Canada's skill shortages by allowing qualified, skilled and experienced professionals to immigrate to Canada. Those individuals who can contribute to Canada's growing economy can become a part of the country's workforce and settle on a permanent basis.
A work visa application under Federal Skilled Worker Program is evaluated on the basis of applicant's:
- Educational qualifications
- Professional skills
- Work experience
- Abilities in English and French
- Arrangement of employment in Canada
- Financial status
- Ability to support themselves and their dependents after their arrival in Canada
Who is Eligible for a Visa under Federal Skilled Worker Program?
In order to be considered for a Federal Skilled Worker visa, an applicant must
- Have at least one-year of work experience in a single full-time and paid job within last ten years; volunteer and unpaid work doesn't count
- Have work experience in any one of the 50 eligible occupations (Senior Managers – Financial, Communications and other business services, Senior Managers – trade, broadcasting and other services, Financial Managers, Human Resources Managers, Purchasing Managers, Insurance, Real Estate, and Financial Brokerage Managers, Managers in Healthcare, Construction Managers, Home Building and Renovation Managers, Managers in Natural Resources Production and Fishing, Manufacturing Managers, Financial Auditors and Accountants, Financial and Investment Analysts, Securities Agents, Investment Dealers and Brokers, Other Financial Officers, Professional Occupations in Advertising, Marketing and Public Relations, Supervisors, Finance and Insurance Office Workers, Property Administrators, Geoscientists and Oceanographers, Civil Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Petroleum Engineers, Information Systems Analysts and Consultants, Database Analysts and Data Administrators, Software Engineers and Designers, Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers, Mechanical Engineering Technologists and Technicians, Construction Estimators, Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technologists and Technicians, Industrial Instrument Technicians and Mechanics, Inspectors in Public and Environmental Health and Occupation Health and Safety, Computer Network Technicians, Nursing Co-ordinators and Supervisors, Registered Nurses and Registered Psychiatric Nurses, Specialist Physicians, General Practitioners and Family Physicians, Dieticians and Nutritionists, Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Respiratory Therapists, Clinical Perfusionists and Cardiopulmonary Technologists, Medical Radiation Technologists, Medical Sonographers, Licensed Practical Nurses, Paramedical Occupations, University Professors and Lecturers, Psychologists, Early Childhood Educators and Assistants, and Translators, Terminologists and Interpreters) with sub-caps of 1000 applications for each of the eligible 50 occupations OR
Have a valid offer of arranged employment
Have enrolled in a PhD program in Canada
Have graduated from a Canadian PhD program within the past 12 months
Have valid job offer from a Canadian employer (no limit on number of applications)
- Must pass a point-based assessment (an applicant must score 67 points out of 100 to be eligible for the Federal Skilled Worker visa)
Federal Skilled Worker Visa Entitlements
Individuals, once they are granted a work visa under Federal Skilled Worker Program, are entitled to
- Live, work and study in Canada on a permanent basis
- Government- subsidized education and healthcare and pension facilities
- Unrestricted access to Canadian labour market
- Eligibility to apply for Canadian citizenship
Necessity to Seek Professional Help with Your Federal Skilled Worker Visa Application
Although the country accepts thousands of skilled worker applications each year but the entire process is too lengthy and complex. One must possess complete knowledge of the visa requirements and procedures and how to handle enquiries from Canadian embassy.
Filing a complete and correct application is the first requirement to begin the process. You also need to submit a detailed letter explaining how you are a qualified candidate under this program. Aside from this, you will also have to handle enquiries from immigration authorities.
The entire process usually requires legal expertise. SPS Canada Immigration Inc. is there to help you at every step. We are a team of regulated immigration consultants who are experts in assisting people who want to immigrate to Canada.
All you need to do is simply filling up our free online immigration assessment form and we will get back to you in one business day to discuss your eligibility. We guide you on the next step if you're eligible. And if you're not, we tell you how to become eligible.