A foreign national can apply for a Canadian work visa under Skilled Trades Program, if he or she has
- At least two years of full-time work experience in a skilled trade in last five years
- A valid offer of full-time employment with a Canadian employer for at least one year or a Certificate of Qualification from a
provincial or territorial body
- Met all job requirements set out in National Occupational Classification (NOC) for that particular trade for which visa is
- Meets required levels of speaking, writing, reading and listening in English and French
National Occupational Classification (NOC) Requirements
There are in total 43 skilled trades for which visa is granted to professionals under this program. These jobs are divided into four categories, including:
- Major Group 72 - Industrial, Electrical and Construction Trades
- Major Group 73 – Maintenance and Equipment Operation Trades
- Major Group 82 – Supervisors, Technical Jobs in Natural Resources, Agriculture and Related Production
- Major Group 92 – Processing, Manufacturing and Utilities Supervisors and Central Control Operators
What May Make You Inadmissible to Canada?
You are not allowed to immigrate to Canada on the basis of
- Your involvement in criminal activity
- Your participation in organized crime
- Your connection with human rights violations
- Your current financial situation
- Your bad health
Skilled Trades Program Visa Entitlements
Upon granted a skilled trades visa, you will be entitled to
- Live, work and study in Canada (in all provinces other than Quebec. For being able to work in Quebec, you need to mention it in your application)
- Permanent residence status
- Government-subsidized education and healthcare and pension benefits
- Unrestricted access to Canadian labour market
- Opportunity to sponsor family members to live with you in Canada
- Eligibility to apply for Canadian citizenship
Why Hire Us to Help with Your Skilled Trade Visa Application?
The Skilled Trades Visa Program opens doors to many immigration opportunities for skilled professionals who want to immigrate to Canada and stay and work in the country on permanent basis. But it is possible only when you meet all eligible criteria and submit a correctly filled application. With this, how you handle enquiries from Canadian embassy also determine the chances of success.
The process may seem easy but it is too time-consuming and complex. In order to ensure that your application stands best chances of success, it's important to seek professional help. Regulated immigration consultants are licensed experts who can assist you with your visa application and help you navigate smoothly through this cumbersome process.
SPS Canada Immigration Inc. is a team of qualified, licensed and experience regulated immigration consultants who have expertise in documentation and legal procedures involved in a skilled trade's visa process.
You can start by filling our free online immigration assessment form and we wil get back to you within one business day to discuss your eligibility.