When do you need to get your credentials assessed?
You will need to get your credentials assessed, if you have obtained/gained your
- Professional credentials
- Work experience
from outside Canada. Assessment is required, if you wish to immigrate to Canada to:
Why is credential assessment done before you put your immigration application?
Assessment of credentials is necessary, in order to:
- Identify your needs for more education, training and experience in order to be eligible to work in Canada
- Help employer understand your qualifications and the type of jobs you're qualified for
- Determine if your qualifications and work experience are equivalent to the standards set for Canadian workers
- Check if you fulfill minimum standards of studying or working in Canada
Who is involved in credential assessment process in Canada?
- Government of Canada
- Independent Credential Assessment Organizations
- Regulatory Bodies
- Apprenticeship Authorities
- Provinces and Territories
However, their role and level of involvement may vary from case to case.