The Government of Canada signed a bilateral agreement with Luxembourg to facilitate youth mobility, while opening doors to gain international experience. The exchange program not only will allow Canadians and Luxembourgish youth to travel but also work in each other’s country for up to 12 months.
Under the International Experience Canada (IEC) program, there are three categories that can opt, including:
- The working holiday: the applicants are provided with open work permits to allow them to work in any of the host countries, with secured financial support.
- International Co-op (Internship): the applicants get an employer-specific work permit to allow them to gain exposure to their study discipline.
- Young professionals: the applicants receive an employer-specific work permit to allow them to gain experience within their targeted field of study.
As per the Government of Canada, more than 200,000 Canadians have participated in the International Experience Canada program, and many have returned to Canada with life-changing experiences valuable to both their personal and professional lives.
The applicant can apply under the IEC program if:
- Their country or territory of citizenship must have a bilateral agreement with Canada in order to obtain an IEC work permit
- You can contact a Recognized Organization (RO) for help to plan your trip
The process stages include creating a free online IEC profile, filling in the online forms, and submit it in the pool. The candidates in the pool will get invited and given 10 days to respond back to the invitation. If the invitation is accepted, the applicant will have 20 days to apply online for a work permit.
Employment and Labor law Jurisdiction:
All foreign nationals in Canada will fall under the purview of the employment and labor law standards. The wages standards will be according to the place where the applicant is working. In case of an internship, the labor code of the province or territory will determine whether it will be paid or not.
To help you navigate the entire process, our team has the resources and skills to assist. To know more about your eligibility under different categories, please contact us by email at email@example.com or call at (844) 293-2688. Our team will be in touch with you shortly.
Be the first one to write a comment.!
Add your comment
We are a regulated immigration practicing firm, providing advice and
solutions on matters related to Canadian immigration.
Jay B Parmar