As a part of Canada’s economic immigration strategy, the pilot programs are launched in response to the needs of the labour market in Canada. With this new Agri-Food Immigration Pilot, Canada is seeking foreign workers who have worked in the agriculture and agri-food industry. It is expected to launch in early 2020.
These programs will not only address the labour shortages in Canada but also benefit the middle-class workers. The Pilot aims to provide workers with an opportunity to become permanent residents in Canada under this program.
The employers in the agri-food industry, interested in hiring workers under this program will be eligible for a 2-year Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
The occupations and industries which are eligible under this Pilot include:
• meat processing
• retail butcher
• industrial butcher
• food processing labourer
• harvesting labourer for year-round mushroom production and greenhouse crop production
• general farm worker for year-round mushroom production, greenhouse crop production, or livestock raising
• farm supervisor and specialized livestock worker for meat processing, year-round mushroom production, greenhouse crop production or livestock raising
The eligibility requirements for this Pilot program includes:
• 12 months of full-time, non-seasonal Canadian work experience in the Temporary Foreign Worker Program in one of the eligible occupations.
• a Canadian Language Benchmark level 4 in English or French
• the foreign equivalent of a high school level education or greater
• an indeterminate job offer for full-time, non-seasonal work in Canada, outside of Quebec, at or above the prevailing wage
As per the government, a maximum of 2,750 principal applicants will be accepted for processing every year, once the pilot opens next year.
To help you navigate the entire process, our team has the resources and skills to assist. To know more about your eligibility under different categories, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (844) 293-2688. Our team will be in touch with you shortly.
Be the first one to write a comment.!
Add your comment
We are a regulated immigration practicing firm, providing advice and
solutions on matters related to Canadian immigration.
Jay B Parmar