Have you been waiting down the line to sponsor your parents and grandparents? Well, the time is just right! The application spots get filled up so quick that you might just miss another chance to be with your loved ones you care the most.
According to Government of Canada, last year 27,000 submissions were accepted on first-on basis for parents and grandparents’ sponsorship program. To make sure you are right on spot, there are certain requirements you must fulfill to be eligible for the application to sponsor your parents and grandparents:
• You are at least 18 years old and live in Canada
• You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, or someone who has been registered as an Indian in Canada under the act – Canadian Indian Act
• You have proofs of income to support the parents or grandparents during the stay period
Requirements for Income
• You must meet the minimum income level required to sponsor your parents as per the given table based on number of persons you’re looking to sponsor.
• Before you apply, you are required to provide a Notice of Assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) to prove that you meet the income requirements, for the past three taxation years.
• For example: You do not have the Notice of Assessment for 2018 then you should be submitting the Notices of Assessment for years - 2017, 2016 and 2015. However, if you have the Notices of the Assessment for 2018, you will have to submit the Notices of Assessment for years - 2018, 2017, and 2016.
• The simplest way to provide the proof of income would be by giving permission to the Government of Canada for receiving the Notices of Assessment directly from Canada Revenue Agency, on your behalf.
These are just the minimum requirements that forms the base of your application and there are other eligibility criteria from the side of your parents and grandparents that must be met to create a definite application package.
Where do I start?
The first step you can take to streamline the process is by doing an Eligibility Assessment to get an overview of your profile’s eligibility. Visit the link and go to “Family Sponsorship”, fill out the information and any questions you have including your income range, and the authorized personnel from SPS Canada, will get back to you with results in one business day.
How does the assessment works?
Once you take the free assessment, we will reply with the results on your profile. If you are eligible then SPS Canada will support by taking your responsibility to try our best chances in getting your application approved, starting with the Initial Consultation Agreement.
Most likely from January 2020, the Government of Canada will be inviting potential sponsors to submit their applications online, however, you must be aware that you must be eligible to receive the invitation. Just make sure not to miss out any important information and documents you need, to enhance your chances of receiving the sponsorship invitation. We will keep you posted with further updates on important dates and time.
We are here to take care of your precious moments you want to spend with your loved ones, so you’d never miss an opportunity like this!
Be the first one to write a comment.!
Add your comment
We are a regulated immigration practicing firm, providing advice and
solutions on matters related to Canadian immigration.
Jay B Parmar