With IRCC’s new update on October 5th about the opening of the 2020 Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship Program, many of you waiting to reunite with your families must have been the happiest! Indeed, this brings hope to many of us, to be with our families again.
Let’s go through the program highlights this time if there are any changes to the program and what you need to do, to prepare when the program opens this October 13th Noon.
Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship Program Highlights
• The applications will be accepted from 12 PM EDT on October 13th to 12 PM EST on November 3rd, 2020
• You can submit the interest to sponsor during this period through the form online
• Potential Sponsors are selected randomly, to send the invitation to submit applications
• You have 60 days to submit the applications once you’re selected for the sponsorship
• Person with disabilities can request the interest to sponsor through alternative formats - paper copy, Braille, or large print by contacting the IRCC Client Support Centre at 1-888-242-2100 or by email until November 3, 2020.
• Since Sponsors are likely to be impacted by COVID, a temporary public policy would be introduced to reduce the income requirement for the 2020 tax year, to minimum necessary income, instead of minimum necessary income plus 30%.
• A maximum of 10,000 applications would be accepted for the 2020 PGP intake
• New intake to submit the interest to sponsor will open in 2021 for 30,000 new applications
This step is an initiative to support reunification with the families, as the government understands the importance of families being together, especially in these difficult times.
“Our government strongly believes in the importance of keeping families together—particularly during difficult times. The Parents and Grandparents Program is a dedicated pathway to reuniting more families in Canada. Our government has strengthened the program by increasing the number of people who can apply, making the intake process more fair, and steadily increasing the number of families who will be able to reunite. Now, more than ever, family reunification is an important component of Canada’s immigration system. It plays a key role in attracting, retaining and integrating the best and the brightest from around the world.”
– The Honourable Marco E. L. Mendicino, P.C., M.P., Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
The Government of Canada is completely committed to ensuring that the program is fair and accessible to Canadians and Permanent Residents and has been designed to accommodate the needs of people with disabilities!
This time, the Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship program was delayed due to COVID-19, allowing some time to respond to the global pandemic and has now contributed to addressing the needs of potential candidates, waiting to sponsor their parents and grandparents, from the beginning of the year 2020.
Want to Sponsor your Parents and Grandparents? Simply Start your Assessment ASAP: https://www.spscanada.com/start-your-assesments
or reach us at email@example.com or call 1 844-855-2050
Be the first one to write a comment.!
Add your comment
We are a regulated immigration practicing firm, providing advice and
solutions on matters related to Canadian immigration.
Jay B Parmar